The Penitent Magdalene

The Penitent Magdalene

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Adoration

I step into the Chapel; and I see him, my heart skips a beat; there he is upon the Alter; my Beloved.
Oh how I would praise him if I had infinite tongues, how would I love him if I could if the weakness of my flesh prevented me from being with him, how I wish to give myself to him completely; power, wealth and pleasure mean nothing to me now, I wish only for the joy of being offered as a living sacrifice upon his Alter.

I sit down my eyes transfixed upon my Beloved; I take out my Rosary and begin to pray, I look upon the crucifix and weep over the times I have placed my beloved upon the cross for a fleeting pleasure. Oh how I long to comfort him with prayers of reparation and love.

Suddenly I feel a hand upon my head I turn around; it is my mother combing my hair, she does so that I may give joy to my beloved by my comely appearance, one Ave, one brush of the comb, she is clothed in the habit and mantle of the Carmelites, her mantle flowing across her shoulders parting only to reveal the scapular draped over her tunic, the pure white chapel veil flowing across her hair is studied with precious stones reflecting her Glory as Queen of Heaven.

Turning back to my beloved I see people chatting idly and my heart is broken; do they not know who is there? Do they not believe? Do they simply not care? Oh how they would fall down in adoration and beg for mercy if they knew what that the Divine Bridegroom of their souls went through so that they may live.

Oh how I love you my Beloved, yet I still do not love you enough, how I wish for you to come and ravish my soul, to pierce me with the arrows of your love; free me from the passing cares of this world and fix my eye upon you and you alone; Oh Sweet Mother Mary, Bind me I beg you with the chains of your Rosary to the Bridegroom of my Soul, in making me your slave make me truly free.

Oh too soon our time here is ended, the priest takes thee back to the Tabernacle, OH how I wish we had more time here together, how I wish the demands of life were not so great that I must hurry away from thee; but even my Beloved if I cannot be present here with you in body I am here in Spirit.
I step out of the Chapel

No comments:

Post a Comment